Friday, 8 January 2016

Ride it Cowboy

I've been having an allergic reaction to something for the last week and I have no idea what it is. I thought it might be the new conditioner that I tried, which makes me sad because it made my hair look so great, but the rash on my skin was not so good. Oh well. In the meantime I went into Lush to get more cleanser and got chatting to one of the staff. She told me about the pie that her mum made her for Christmas and it sounded too good not to share.

Hollie's Mum's Vegan Cowboy Pie

one tin of mixed bean salad, with spicy sauce
a small tin of butterbeans
2 sweet potatoes

- Prick the skin of the sweet potatoes and put them whole into the oven at about 180 until they are soft (anywhere between half and hour and an hour). Put all the beans into a pan and heat through on the hob

- When the potatoes are soft, take the skins off and mash the rest of the potato in a bowl.

- Put the beans in a casserole dish and then spread the mashed sweet potato over the top and pop in the oven for about 20 mins until the beans are bubbling.

She serves it with kale, I might try roasted vegetables. Easy and very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment