Saturday, 3 January 2015

Inspired

I've been moving some stuff around in my room and I found these quotes written on scraps of paper.

'Pray not for a lighter burden, but for stronger shoulders' - St. Augustine

'Learn to wish that everything should come to pass exactly as it does' - Epictetus

'People long for the light and that's what the books in my store do. They shed light in a time of darkness. That's why a bookstore is the place where heaven and earth meet.' - George Whitman, Shakespeare & Co. (I have two books from there!)

'We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realise.  Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other.  How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell.' - Adaptation


No comments:

Post a Comment