Thursday, 11 September 2014

Happy Day 28: Homemade Beauty

#100HappyDays Day 28: Homemade beauty remedies
As some of you know I've been doing a month of 'no shampoo' and using natural things like baking soda and apple cider vinegar instead of shampoo and conditioner. I like the idea of using minimal ingredients in beauty products, better still if they are edible. There are many recipes on Pintrest and on various blogs that look simple enough so I decided to make my own face cream. I tried my hand at making Coconut Rose Body Cream from the amazing blog Fresh Picked Beauty


The basic ingredients are coconut oil, jojoba oil, cornstarch, you melt all those a bit and mix them together. Let them cool down in the fridge for a bit and then add in essential oils (I used lavender and rose) and beat them together until the mix gets fluffy and creamy. I have no idea how my face will react to this, but it smells really good! That blog is brilliant, so I'm sure I'll be trying more of these recipes soon.

As a little aside, my hair is much less frizzy since I started 'no shampoo', I hardly ever have to straighten it and my curls are more clearly defined. I still have to wash my hair every couple of days, but maybe that will settle down over time as well. My bottle of apple cider vinegar fairly much lasted me a month, and I went through about 700g or so of bi-carb. I think I'm going to stay on it and see what happens, I'm really happy with the results so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment