Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Happy Day 19: Handwritten

#100HappyDays Day 19: I love getting handwritten post! Getting this postcard from Middle B through the post was unexpected and delightful.


I've been a little bit up and down lately - I had to go to Mum's house to sort through some of Grandma's things and it was a little emotional and there have also been a few other changes about the place that have thrown me off center. When I feel vulnerable, I'm trying to just sit with it and feel things without turning away - and, whew!, that's been difficult sometimes. Evidently preparing for the unexpected is clearly the way to go because my fortune cookie message said 'Prepare for a sudden needed and happy change in plans' and my yogi tea message today was 'Take time to notice the unexpected' - do you think someone is trying to tell me something?!


Other unexpected things that happened to me today: I was supposed to be meeting a friend but I ended up having the day to myself. I was out for coffee and someone came and sat with me at my table, once she had gone a gentleman came and sat down and shared my table - there was plenty of space so I was surprised but it was quite nice. And I saw some buskers on the high st drumming - using pots and pans! In general, quite unexpected.


No comments:

Post a Comment