Thursday, 29 May 2014

In other news...

It's been a whirlwind few days here, I got my new sewing machine all set up but haven't used it yet. I was planning to make something and then got bogged down by Pintrest looking at all the things I could be making and before you know it, it was time for bed. Oh Pintrest! I will get round to some stitching soon hopefully and of course I will let you know of the results.

I don't know if you recall, but I have been making a different cake for every one of my lady's exams. I delivered her some Baklava Muffins (How to Be a Domestic Goddess, though with pistachios rather than walnuts) to the library today, we had a pretty epic revision session - we started at 1.30 and ended at 7pm. In between credible commitment and assymetric information we did also get talking about TED talks, boys and ended up looking at videos on the internet, so it wasn't as intense as it sounds. She has her last exam tomorrow (Politics of the Middle East) so she will have some yummy treats for after. The last cake I made before this one was for Deeply Divided Societies - I made one half of the batter lemon and pomegranate and the other half chocolate and then poured them into a loaf tin. The two halves melded together while baking, it really worked out. I put two different types of glitter on - she was really impressed! To be honest, so was I - it turns out that lemon and pomegranate is a fabulous combination. And this video is totally worth some revision procrastination....


No comments:

Post a Comment