Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Ride the Wave

So... the reason I haven't written anything in a few days is because I've been really grumpy! It's a bit odd, because I'm really enjoying work, my students are great, I have some wonderful friends, I managed to get a good deal on a dress from Asos the other day, Middle B and I had a lovely arty session on Sunday painting ampersands and that is my favourite punctuation mark, you know.... so why the grumps?? Well, I did have raging pmt, which none of you really know about, but hey, misery loves company.... and also I think I'm a bit terrified of moving out. I'm scared and also impatient at the same time - I'd like to wave a magic wand and magically be able to rock up at the house and go into my room and have all my things there without having to pack, and unpack, and wait around for people to move out, and have to talk to people about why I'm moving out, and settle in to a new place.... but I guess it's all in the process isn't it? And of course I need that time to adjust. My Mum has very kindly said she'll come down next weekend to move some stuff and some other friends have been kind enough to offer some help. I've already got a bit packed so I'm moving somethings over - and then I'll have enough space to pack some more things. So I have these patches of thinking maybe I should stay? It's nice and warm here.... and then I remember that it's not actually that warm here and actually I'm not really that happy anymore. And then I think - but I'm moving in with a friend, will it all go horribly wrong? and then I think, well if it does then it does, we'll have to cross that bridge when it comes to it. And then I think, for the love of all things holy, why do I have so much stuff? and then I think, well it's a good chance for a clear out... and who doesn't like a good clear out (once it's happened...). So yeah, I'm a bit grumpy and a bit hormonal, but actually life is pretty damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment