Saturday, 18 January 2014

Anchors Aweigh!

So, much excitement in the world of Fox: I had my first work meeting yesterday, some training on Autism today and I start term properly on Monday. It's been really lovely to get together and see everyone before term starts, I got my timetable confirmed and I have quite a few hours this term which is wonderful, and also.... my boss recommended me for a pay rise! It was a total surprise, but quite delightful!

The other thing that happened is that I started to look around at rooms that are available in the city. I still want a shared house, and I found a place that was pretty central and went to see it today. It was very swish, with views of the Cathedral, lots of pine and chrome, a bit of a showhome really, and as lovely as it was it wasn't really my cup of tea. I had a chat with one of my friends, however, and it turns out that one of her flatmates is moving out! She has passed on my details to her landlady and it looks like she is happy for me to have the room.... so all I need to do now is to give my notice at my current place, pack my stuff and then organise someone with a car to help me move. It is a bit terrifying - I mean, I have been here for 6 years and I'm somewhat institutionalised - but I'm pretty happy with this decision, I feel like it's time to spread my wings in a new environment (literally - the room is at least twice the size of the one I have now!) and grow and move some energy.

I had an acupuncture appointment today and she thinks I'm going through this change just fine and that I'll come into my own and really blossom when I have the space. She says I'm really good at staying in the present which is nice to know.

Ready the sails!

No comments:

Post a Comment