Wednesday, 4 December 2013

It's Official! I Can Now Listen to Christmas Music!

Happy December y'all! I'm a bit late off the mark thinking about Christmas presents but I have to get things in the post. I have to admit I love Christmas shopping because I really love buying presents for people. I've already started to make Miss T's present (photos when it's finished of course) and I'm waiting for fabric to arrive for Middle B's present (it might not arrive in time, eek!) but the rest is going to be trawling the shops and the internet for excitingness. I'm going to the seaside this weekend so I'll pop into a few independent shops and see what I can find.

I saw M for the first time in ages yesterday and it was delightful as usual. We tried out a new cafe in town called Cafe Turquoise. It's a little on the pricey side, but it's got a nice atmosphere and they do tea and cake and Turkish coffee and macaroons and light lunches. They've also got a stack of old books and a gramophone in the window and they were playing some very lovely old jazz. Perfect atmosphere. I spotted a new burrito place a few doors down so I suspect we'll be trying that at some point.

After we'd had coffee, M gave me a lift back home on his bike. I was wearing a skirt (minorly inconvenient but still decent) and I had boots on (thank goodness) - but I did remember to take my earrings off before I put the spare helmet on. It was pretty exhilarating but very chilly, now I understand why bikers wrap up warm! It was the first time I've been on a bike for about 15 years, and I must say I didn't feel entirely secure on the back but we were only going a few minutes up the hill. We zipped past all the cars waiting in traffic, it was exciting, but I wouldn't want to do it everyday! Next time I'm wearing jeans and a warmer coat that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment