Sunday, 3 November 2013

Tip Top!

I saw this pattern for a top on Pintrest and thought it looked pretty easy to make up.

Simply Sally top from Style Arc

Fran and I figured out the dimensions and how much fabric I'd need.


I bought some jersey and we spent some time measuring things out. The trickiest bit was figuring out if it would fit - we lay the fabric out on the floor and put pins in it and I lay down in between the pins to see if we had the measurements right. When we were sure I cut up the fabric and tried it on. It didn't need hemming, but I decided to hem it so that it would last longer and roll up less.


It's the first time I've sewn with stretchy fabric and also the first time that I have done zig zag stitch. I was pretty happy with the result. All in all the top took about an hour - of which half an hour was doing measurements and faffing about.


Easy peasy lemon squeezy!



No comments:

Post a Comment