Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Sandwiches! Sandwiches Everywhere! and not a Drop to Eat!

The lovely Miss H introduced me to the Sandwich game that her and her other half play on the odd occasion. I told Jules and her mister about it over the weekend and before you know it we were inundated with thoughts of sandwiches. Basically, all you do is substitute a word in a phrase with the word 'sandwich', like so: 'Now is the sandwich of our discontent', 'My sandwich, my sandwich, a kingdom for my sandwich!', etc. etc. This kept us busy for days! Some of the gems we came up with included:

Can I compare thee to a summers sandwich? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
A midsummer nights sandwich
The Portrait of the Sandwich as a Young Man
A Sandwich named Desire
Sandwich on a Hot Tin Roof
Sandwich to Heaven
Smoke on the Sandwich
A Comedy of Sandwiches
It is a truth commonly known that a single man in possession of a fortune must be in want of a sandwich.
Round the World in 80 Sandwiches
Journey to the Centre of the Sandwich
Bohemian Sandwich (try and get that one out of your head.....)
Wuthering Sandwiches
Hey Mr. Sandwich Man
Bill and Ted's Excellent Sandwich

... and on and on. Have you any gems to add? Put a message in the comments box below, I'd love to see what we end up with!


Ah, pasteis de nata, you speak the truth...

No comments:

Post a Comment