Sunday, 8 September 2013

And then a Dress Happened!

Remember the sewing project that I had on the go? you know, this one? that I mentioned a few thousand times? Oh yeah, that one... well, it's all done and ready to go dancing in. As M said, 'Looks like you've got that jive scene all sewn up!'

The adventure begins

Pinning the pattern to the fabric... look at the amazing print!

The beginnings of the bodice...all those pins will be darts

Hard at work!

Darts in for the back of the bodice

Facing gives the dress some structural integrity

Skirt all gathered and ready to be stitched to the bodice

Seams looking quite good for a first go

It would have been a shame to waste a lovely border

Side zip - a little shabby but does the trick

Ah, ridiculous buttons... and look at those rouleau loops!

Ta -daaaaah!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks amazing! WOW :D HB xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to get someone to take a photo of me in it, it looks much better on. I'm really happy with it as a first dress! :D x

      Delete
  2. That's fantastic!!! And yes to a photo of you wearing it - wearing it and dancing please :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do my best! P would like me to wear it to Jive Night, but who knows maybe I'll have dress no. 2 made by then!

      Delete