Saturday, 4 May 2013

End of an Era

This week saw the official demise of my car - she went to the scrappers and is now in car heaven, which I assume means that she's up in the sky, parked looking at lovely sunsets and listening to whatever she likes on the radio for all eternity. I know it's only a car, and it's not really that big a deal, but she was my first car and I'll always think of her fondly. Bye bye Tabitha!

Another goodbye this week was for Miss H who moved out of the house yesterday. We've shared a house for nearly three years, so it really is the end of an era! She's only moved down the road for now, but in September she and her Mr. will be headed to the big city where she will take up a job in the very wonderful and swanky London Library. I believe this calls for lots of amazing pencil skirts and looking at people over her specs and maybe even telling people to 'Shhhh!'. Hopefully we'll see each other a fair bit before she goes, not least because we have plans for her to teach me how to use a sewing machine - actually I suspect that we will see each other more this summer than we have the last few months anyway. No more will we able to squeal 'I live with you','I live with you tooooo!' at each other at random intervals! I am very proud of her finishing her degree and getting a fabulous job, but I will miss her muchly.

5 comments:

  1. Poor Tabitha! But yay for all the sewing - maybe after Miss H has taught you how to use a sewing machine you can teach me how to use mine? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly try? In theory we're going to make bow ties, but I'm not sure quite how much sewing will happen... as opposed to tea and cake which will definitely happen! xx

      Delete
    2. Sounds like the best kind of sewing lesson!! xx

      Delete
  2. Now you can squeal "I sew with you", "I sew with you tooo!'

    Even better if spotted wearing something you made together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sew true - ha ha!
      (I probably *will* actually squeal that now....)

      Delete