Sunday, 7 April 2013

A Change is as Good as a Rest

I spent the weekend with Mrs Im and the rest of the gang eating curry and having a giggle. The curry was amazing and the company splendid as always. I love reconnecting with the people who have known me since I was a teenager, it's nice to get that grounded feeling, like you don't have to explain anything because they already know. I got to have some real heart to heart conversations and some hilarious light banter, both equally important. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep, but the contact refreshed my soul as much as the sunshine outside did.

A while back, Immy painted us all paintings, and for some reason mine took quite a long time, and then I spent even longer forgetting to bring it back with me. This visit I finally remembered and I am now the proud owner of this painting:

http://immy-is-thinking.deviantart.com
It's so exciting having a painting made just for me! I just need to put some nails in the wall to hang it now.

In the course of the evening someone put this on  - it's so cute and catchy it had me humming this for ages:


A super cute way to make a safety point, no?

Here's hoping that some of that sun today will stick around for a while, and that some of the connection that I got from the weekend stays in my heart for a while too.

No comments:

Post a Comment