Saturday, 2 March 2013

In which We Attend the Inaugural Meeting of our Newly-Formed Book Club

I love reading, I always have a book in my hand bag, some of my most life changing moments have been inspired by various books. On this basis you can understand then that I have longed to join a book club for years. Sadly, they have always met at inconvenient times or I have lived too far away or some other obstacle. No longer - we decided to set up our own.

We met up on Thursday night and hung out and drank wine and ate pizza and looked at holiday snaps and finally got round to flicking through 1001 Books to get some inspiration. Eventually we each picked a book title, and then finally we pulled one of those out of a hat. Drum role please: our book for March is Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. We'll meet up again in a months time to discuss the book, watch the film and then choose our next. 

If you have any fabulous suggestions, pass them on. You have no idea how very exciting this all is! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment