Saturday, 9 February 2013

Gratitude Day 9: A Breath of Fresh Air

Today I am going to visit the lovely Fairy Princess Mummy for a family sleepover. I haven't seen her in a while so I'm looking forward to catching up and seeing the sea. Some days you need more sleep, other days you need a breath of fresh air. As much as I like where I'm living, it is really nice to get a change of scene. It allows me to get some distance, have a different experience for a bit, so that when I come back I see things with new eyes. I also find that being around different people or in different places brings out other sides of my personality, and sometimes it's important for me to tap into those parts that get neglected in the normal run of things. It's a simple thing, but even taking myself off to a new place and going exploring for a couple of hours can leave me feeling more sprightly. I really like going away for the weekend though as you get a proper start over - when I come back tomorrow night I will be refreshed and ready to meet my world again with a much wider perspective and with my batteries recharged. Sometimes a change really is as good as a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment