Saturday, 23 February 2013

Gratitude Day 23: Entertainment

Yesterday night, I went to my first ever Jive event: my teacher Phil had organised a gig with Leroy and the Rockets and Rhythm River Trio. It was such a nice atmosphere - some people were really dressed up, some not; some people drinking, some not; some people dancing, some not. I had a chance to really get out on the dancefloor and practice my Jive. It was lovely to watch other people dancing, seeing all these different moves and styles. I picked up a few moves and I got a chance to hear some amazing music. Suffice to say a good time was had by all.


Today I went with a friend to see The Life of Pi in 3D. I've read the book, so I was interested to see what the film would be like. It is quite a faithful adaptation and the filming is stunning. I really enjoyed it.

I appreciate being able to see live music, or good films, or theatre. It's fun, inspiring, uplifting and I get exposed to new ideas, new people, and new experiences. I go through patches of going to loads of gigs and patches of keeping quiet (or having no money). Recently I've been a little bit more reticent to go out, but now I find I want to get out and about a bit more.

I really appreciate singers, songwriters, actors, directors, dancers and musicians for keeping me entertained, giving me windows into other worlds, giving me a chance to let my hair down and let go, relax, chill out, get energised, get soulful, get emotional, become startled or laugh until I cry. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment