Thursday, 21 February 2013

Gratitude Day 21: Company

I have to admit - today I really struggled to find something to write about. Sometimes finding something novel to be grateful for is challenging. I've had a bizarre few days getting used to the new housemates and settling into a new routine. I bumped into G on the way up to work and had a really nice chat about various things that are going on. Then I ended up in the library joined by Miss H and some of her friends, still unable to get some inspiration, but I did have some lovely conversation and got some other stuff done. Then I went home and spent some time hanging out around the kitchen table. Altogether a surprisingly social day.

I'm quite a people person, so I really like spending time with people. I like hearing their stories, finding out interesting things, getting some perspective, connecting. When I'm not feeling that good, I tend to spend a lot of time in my room, hiding away. Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I'm just not up to dealing with people. I've always liked some time to myself anyway, but sometimes it is more about running away than about being contemplative. All the people around me today reminded me that I'm not alone. For that, I'm grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment