Saturday, 26 January 2013

Social Nutrients

I hadn't seen Middle B for a while, both of us are starting new things and leaving behind old things and generally in a state of flux which means that neither of us have any idea what is going on with our schedules. I spontaneously texted her on Thurs to see if she was free... and she was! So I trundled over in the slushy snow and we made soup - Moroccan Chickpea and Spinach to be precise - which involved dried apricots, chickpeas, spinach, onions, chilli powder, cinnamon and stock and was incredibly yummy. It was so filling we didn't even get round to having the apple pie and custard I'd brought round for dessert.... possibly the first time we've ever not had cake! It was perfect winter day comfort food with some lovely company and I even got to take some home for lunch with me the next day.

Moroccan Chickpea and Spinach soup

Today, I met up with another friend that I haven't seen for a while. I was delighted when she suggested we meet for breakfast. We met in the Goods Shed, where you can pick and choose what you want - I had brown toast with scrambled eggs, mushrooms and bubble & squeak with brown sauce. We had a good old natter while watching the world gradually come into life as we drank coffee and giggled and talked about life and love and stress and heartbreak and work and joy. It was a lovely way to start the weekend, I sincerely hope we'll be doing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment