Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Oh, Play That Old Thing

A few days ago they were doing engineering works through Waterloo so I hightailed it up to St. Pancras to catch the train home.  I was a bit disgruntled at having to travel across London and then wait half an hour for a train, and I tried to get a coffee but places were just closing up, so I decided to just walk about.  As I was strolling I was delighted to spot someone sitting and playing this piano.  I noticed a few other people strolling past and glancing at it.  After a while, people came back to have a tinkle when they thought no-one was looking. And then that inspired more people to stop and play. As I stood and listened, I got some jazz, some Beethoven, a bit of rock and roll and a tune that reminded me of the theme from The Snowman.  It reminded me that sometimes those detours are worth it.





And I even found a sister piano at the other end of the concourse:


No comments:

Post a Comment