Sunday, 30 September 2012

In which the Meaning of Life is Ruminated Upon

I was chatting to M yesterday when we started talking about the hokey cokey.

M: thats what its all aboutt HEEEEEY

Me: what if the hokey cokey really IS what it's all about?

M: we've been wasting our time haven't we - lets get cokeying

Me: rah rah rah. There are worse things to be the meaning of life

M: like 42?

Me: that's not too bad either... though a little less fun, I feel

M: yes a bit less engaging

Me: ...but more cryptic, which probably gives us more to do philosophically

M: but where to start

Me: divisions of 42?

M: the 42nd entry in the dictionary.  What is the 42nd entry in the dictionary?

Me: depends on the dictionary, maybe

M: give me an answer !! I need to know !!!

Me: the arbitrary nature of meaning - I can't take it anymore!

M: oh flip what to do! I think I'll go to bed and be done with it

Me: we can hokey cokey tomorrow and our life will have meaning again

M: thank heavens... and 42

4 comments:

  1. I thought the meaning of life was to give life meaning? Or was that just some tacky greeting card message. I'm always getting them mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallmark and reality are pretty easy to get mixed up, it's true

      Delete
  2. Made me giggle! Sounds like my brain has felt today. So glad I found you again.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it made you giggle as much as I did. To be honest, my brain always feels like this :D x

      Delete