Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Maiden Voyage!

I'm very excited because my car is finally up and running.  As of Tuesday, Mrs W assisted me to put the tax disc in, put in a new battery, fill up with petrol and put more air in the tires and other technical stuff that I don't entirely understand (yet).  We're ready to Rock n' Roll! Well... except there is a chip in the windscreen that I may need seeing to, and the wing mirror is looking a bit dodgy on the driver's side.  We had a fiddle about with it but we didn't want to go too far in case it broke. But I needed to hold it in place somehow or I can't use my mirrors, so we solved the situation with blue tack. Well, if it works, I'm not knocking it.... (I'm sure it'll get seen to soon enough. My driving instructor said he's take a look on Saturday when we start the pass plus.)

This evening I took the car out for a run ON MY OWN! It was so exciting! I put Hey Ocean on the stereo and had a little cruise down through Blean towards Whitstable, and then came back.  It was getting dark when I left, but it was still a nice drive.  It was a pretty mild night and it's beautiful down that way, there's lots of trees and fields that you pass in between the small villages. I wasn't nervous at all and actually found it quite relaxing. I shouldn't be surprised at this since I have been learning for, oh, aeons, but still. I'm really excited about getting to know the car and having a good old pootle about.

So so EXCITING!

Also, just as a side note, I made Snufkin's Thinking Bouillon from The Moomin Cookbook for dinner.  It was the first time that I've made any recipes from it and I must say it was mighty tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment