Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Ain't no party like my granny's tea party

I'm going off to see my Grandma tomorrow for a few days.  She hasn't been doing that well the last few years but I still love to see her.  She is 87, full of stories, and I inherited many of my interests from her: she used to take us to the National Portrait Gallery and the theatre and for tea at Selfridges in the afternoon.  She used to paint, bake and knit - all of which I do now.  These days I'm not so sure what I'm going to get when I see her: I don't know even if she will remember me sometimes.  But for me, I'll always remember her as a huge cultural influence on my life - she definitely contributed to the making of me, in so many ways. I will tell you all stories when I get back.

My Grandma is not as flamboyant as some of these lovely ladies in the video below - I'd say she was more on the graceful and demure side, but she definitely had a twinkle in her eye sometimes, and these ladies have more sparkle than you can imagine.  This trailer made me delighted to see people with such joie de vivre, it gives me hope for my old age.


No comments:

Post a Comment