Thursday, 19 April 2012

Let's Pretend This Never Happened

I'm sooooo excited because I finally went to Waterstones and pre-ordered my copy of Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson aka The Bloggess. It's already out in the States, but it comes out here on May 10th.  This is entirely amazing because a) this is the best title for a book ever and b) I completely love reading her blog, it's so ridiculously funny and brutally honest and it makes me feel like the quirky weirdness in me is really not that rare.  Especially if you read the comments page, which is full of just as much hilarity as her blog posts.  I think you should all go out and buy it.  As soon as possible. Really.  And if you can't afford it, read her blog.  And if you can afford it, buy the book and read her blog. Yes. In fact, I had this conversation with the shop assistant at Waterstones where I tried to convince him to read this too.  Somehow this ended up in us talking about hats (his head is really quite big, apparently) and the amount of imagination in girls names vs boys names (nearly every man I know is called Dave or John). Then he decided to enter in a different name for me in the notes on the screen so that when they ring me to pick up the book they'll use a different name, and hopefully I'll have forgotten about it, and then I'll be really confused.  As if I'm not confused most of the time anyway.  And then we had to stop talking because his manager kept looking over at us and I didn't want him to be fired.  I'm not entirely sure how I get myself into these situations.

Apart from that, what I really wanted to post was the most delightful text conversation I've had for a while, but then I started to type this post and it felt a little personal, you know? But I had to mention it anyway, so I will tell you that it started with a text that said: 
'How's it going? The ducks are dancing.'
Feel free to imagine ridiculously fabulous conversation that follows from that.  Really, this is the type of text that makes me fall in love with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment