Sunday, 11 March 2012

Adventures in Vegetables Continued

Remember these? Of course you do, how could you forget something that fantastic!


It was my friend, V's birthday last week and she only ever wears black, white and grey... so I decided to make her a carrot cake as a birthday present.... with black and white carrots! yeah!



Except... it turned out kind of purple and brown, rather than black and white.  Oh well.


At least the carrots didn't go orange! They didn't stay black either, but they were distinctly not orange. Interestingly, the cake tasted good, but not as sweet as normal. And V did appreciate the effort.  Maybe next time I'll do a salad... I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. V did massively appreiate...V loves cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *appreciate even...I may have been drooling over cake whilst typing xVx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some pretty impressive competition too.... much much cakeage x

      Delete