Friday, 3 February 2012

Cake of Quantumness

I'm still a bit sniffly and have nothing of note to report really, except that I did make it to yoga today - hooray! - where my body was bent into lots of interesting shapes and I realised that taking two weeks off from my exercise routine actually does make a difference.  I'll still be trying to sleep lots, because what is the point of being ill if you can't spend as much time as possible under a duvet? And surely any decent recovery should involve duvet time.  And maybe after I've recovered, just to make sure I don't catch it again. Maybe.

Today, I made cake for the first time in ages because we have an Open Day tomorrow, and no self respecting open day would open without cake.  I asked around and everyone said that they wanted chocolate, so I made the simple Chocolate Loaf recipe from Nigella's How to Be a Domestic Goddess.  It's classic, it's easy and it's the best thing since sliced bread.  Maybe since before sliced bread.  And because we're expecting a few people over the course of the day I thought I'd double the recipe, since making two loaves is roughly the same effort as making one so I might as well.  Or at least that was the plan.  In actuality, I doubled the recipe and got three loaves.  I'm not entirely sure how that works, is it like quantum cake? Maybe the normal laws of physics don't apply - last time I doubled the recipe I got two, this time three, maybe next time I'll get 12?!  Or maybe the more you make the cake, the more cake you get back in the future.... like karma, but with baked goods?  Maybe someone will get enlightened eating that cake! I had no idea it was all going to get this deep.... I might have to go back under my duvet til someone figures it all out.

1 comment: